Thursday, April 1, 2010

Disappointment

Mac wanted to brighten up the house for Easter and found these sweet bunnies to decorate with.
They are a much needed lift to my spirit.

The last few weeks I have been dealing with disappointment.  They were all relatively small disappointments.
The blow of this latest "disappointment" sent me to my knees. Sometimes you just cannot understand WHY God is allowing you to journey through disappointing situations....one after another.

  I believe what I needed was a new perspective on this situation, a perspective that God holds the bigger picture, not me.   
I remembered I had a book by Kay Arthur called AS SILVER REFINED.  I pulled it out this morning and started to read.  It helped my skewed perspective and her words gave me hope.
She said, " In your thinking, in that all important response to the disappointment you now encounter, determine by faith that you will simply change the "D" of disappoinment to an "H", then add a space-- and you'll eventually see that this really is HIS APPOINTMENT.
Whatever the disappointment, it is God's appointment........strange as it may seem, this disappointment is something God allowed in our lives after filtering it throught His sovereign fingers of love........"

I then pulled out my Bible and read,

Romans 5:3-5: "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."
So what can be accomplished through my prayers and disappointment today?
For me, it will be to learn submission to God's will being done and in HIS will being done, I must not become angry, bitter, rebellious or afraid.
So when I say the "Lord's Prayer" and I get to the part "Thy will be done" I need to mean that and stop wanting "MY will" to be done.
Won't be easy...but Easter is just around the corner and I am reminded that Jesus asked in the Garden if it were his Father's will to have this cup pass from him.  God still chose for his son to die for mankind. He still had to walk that pathway and Christ's suffering wasn't removed.
What a perfect example to follow.  I can assure you this will be a process not an instant change of heart for me.

Mac says he isn't going to give this blog a thumb's up or down.  He says, "A faith journey in disappointment that God asks you to walk is a difficult thing and deserves no comment from him today."


No comments:

Post a Comment