Saturday, February 13, 2010

Linda's Deviled Ham and Brie Chicken


Last night when I went to bed or this morning rather, as Mac is on the 7pm to 7 am shift, I had the strangest craving.  Some of you will remember those yummy little ham sandwiches that were always served at church luncheons. How I loved those little treats.  I had  leftover ham and was wondering what I could do with the very large piece that we couldn't manage to consume.  Mac is a bit peculiar as he doesn't like to eat leftovers the next day.  I have to be creative in how I disguise a leftover. It struck me that I have often made Chicken Cordon Bleu but couldn't I manage a variation on this dish?  I processed the ham in the blender into a finely chopped mixture.  I added mayo.  Next I rooted around the refrigerator taking stock in what kind of cheese I had.  I decided on the Brie. Pounding the chicken breasts out into a thin layer, I then lathered up the breast with the deviled ham concoction.  I layored the Brie on top of that and rolled it.  I dipped the rolled cutlet in flour, then an egg wash and bread crumbs although I suspect Ritz crackers would have tasted wonderful too.  I placed it on foil paper, added a dash of salt and pepper and put it in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
The picture above is how it came out. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.  Mac said it was delicious but it lacked a bite.
"Bite of what," I asked.
"Horseradish," he replied.
I quickly made up a horseradish/mayo sauce and he proclaimed it
"DELISH!"


Mac gives this recipe a thumbs up.
Can Mac MANAGE the possibilites of having so many new things to try?
Come back tomorrow and find out!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to be able to print this recipe and try it. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete